Youth Apprenticeship: Production Technician
Production Technicians set-up, test, and adjust advanced manufacturing machinery or equipment, using a combination of electrical, electronic, mechanic, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies. Production Technicians will work hands-on with computer aided design (CAD), analytical and scientific software.
AJAC - Youth Apprenticeship
Step 1: Verify Eligibility
- 16 years of age
- High school junior or senior
- Enrolled in a school district AJAC has partnered with
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Completed and passed Algebra 1
- Physically able
Step 2: Apply
- Apply online
- Receive recommendation from a teacher in a school district AJAC has partnered with
- Interview with a Partnering Employer
Step 3: Begin Apprenticeship
- 2,000 hours / 1 year on-the-job training
- Work 10-20 hours per week
- Minimum of 150 hours of education each year. One day per week at partnering high school, skill center, technical college, or machine shop
- Start at 70% of current Journey-Level rate.
- Gain 5-10% pay increase after every 500 hours of on-the-job training (approx. 3 months) plus required schooling.
- Full 100% journeyperson’s pay after completing the program.
Estimated Starting Hourly Base Rate
$10.42 + Benefits
* Based on statewide average