IT Support Professional
IT Support Professionals monitor and maintain computer systems and networks. They also solve technical and application problems either over the phone or in person.
SELECT AN APPRENTICESHIP LOCATION
Step 1: Verify Eligibility
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
Step 2: Apply
- Complete online competency assessment
- Math: 60 Questions
- Logic & Critical Thinking: 40 questions
- Soft Skills: 14 questions
* Applicants can take the assessment up to four times.
- Qualifying individuals are placed in ranked candidate pool.
- Top ranked candidates will be invited to interview with Apprenti.
* Those who possess a security clearance can notify staff during interview to be eligible for certain positions.
- Candidates will be invited to interview with a hiring partner when apprenticeship opportunities are available.
- Once selected by hiring partner, begin training for required certification.
Step 3: Training and Certifications
- 12 weeks
- Certification training is unpaid unless otherwise determined by employer
- Veterans can receive GI Bill® Housing Allowance during training
- Complete Required Certifications before beginning on-the-job training
Step 4: Begin Apprenticeship
- Full-time, entry-level position with hiring partner
- 2,000 hours / 1 year paid on-the-job training
- Start at 60% of market rate. Current minimum starting salary of $42,000. in King County.
- Increase to 70% after 1,000 hours of on-the-job training (6 months) based on improved competency.
- Receive health and dental benefits during the apprenticeship, and potentially other company standard benefits like 401k retirement savings or a health care savings account.
G.I. Bill® Housing Allowance
- Usage is optional
- Housing allowance can be found using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Search School Name: APPRENTI
* For Estimated Wage Calculator shown below, enter $20 for minimum Starting Hourly Pay
Calculate Starting Pay With GI Bill ®
Estimated Wage Calculator
All calculations based on a 120 hours/month work schedule.
*Contact union local for updated wage information.