Metal Structures Technician
Metal Structures Technicians work in a product cell and utilizing predetermined setups and operating methods. They adjust and operate a variety of numerically controlled or conventional equipment that is capable of performing various functions such as forming, bonding, welding, machining, drilling, cutting, as well as automated and manual assembly.
Step 1: Verify Eligibility
- 18 years of age
- Physically able
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of:
ACCUPLACER or COMPASS assessment
Math Intermediate Algebra, English 90
- Eligible for hire or rehire at Boeing company
- No previous enrollment in IAM/Boeing Joint Apprenticeship program
Acquire Necessary Skills
- Review list of required qualifications in the Preparing for an Apprenticeship PrepPack
- Complete required vocational training or minimum of 1 year of trade-related work experience
- Current employees and eligible former employees may contact a Career Advisor
Step 2: Apply
- Apply online during posted openings
- Qualifying applicants will be placed in eligibility pool
- Applicants will be selected for interview
- Selected applicants will be referred to apprenticeship committee
Step 3: Begin Apprenticeship
- 8,000 hours / 4 years on-the-job training
- Minimum of 144 hours of education each year. 4 hours per week at South Seattle College Georgetown.
- Start at 70% of current Journey-Level rate.
- Gain 4% pay increase after every 1,000 hours of on-the-job training (approx. 6 months) plus required schooling.
- Full 100% journeyperson’s pay after completing the program.
Starting Hourly Base Rate
$31.46 + Benefits
G.I. Bill® Housing Allowance
- Usage is optional
- Housing allowance can be found using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Search School Name: IAM-BOEING JOINT APPRENTICESHIP COMMITTEE