Network Security Administrator
Network Security Administrators install and configure firewalls and routers. They also monitor security, and they configure and troubleshoot network systems.
Step 1: Verify Eligibility
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
Step 2: Apply
- Complete online competency assessment
- Math: 60 Questions
- Logic & Critical Thinking: 40 questions
- Soft Skills: 14 questions
* Applicants can take the assessment up to four times.
- Qualifying individuals are placed in ranked candidate pool.
- Top ranked candidates will be invited to interview with Apprenti.
* Those who possess a security clearance can notify staff during interview to be eligible for certain positions.
- Candidates will be invited to interview with a hiring partner when apprenticeship opportunities are available.
- Once selected by hiring partner, begin training for required certification.
Step 3: Training and Certifications
- 12 weeks
- Certification training is unpaid unless otherwise determined by employer
- Veterans can receive GI Bill® Housing Allowance during training
- Complete Required Certifications before beginning on-the-job training
Step 4: Begin Apprenticeship
- Full-time, entry-level position with hiring partner
- 2,000 hours / 1 year paid on-the-job training
- Start at 60% of market rate. Current minimum starting salary of $42,000. in King County.
- Increase to 70% after 1,000 hours of on-the-job training (6 months) based on improved competency.
- Receive health and dental benefits during the apprenticeship, and potentially other company standard benefits like 401k retirement savings or a health care savings account.
G.I. Bill® Housing Allowance
- Usage is optional
- Housing allowance can be found using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Search School Name: APPRENTI
* For Estimated Wage Calculator shown below, enter $20 for minimum Starting Hourly Pay