The WACAPA team is here to support your team in providing great Career Roadmaps for your students.
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding maps.
- What are my career options?
- What are the education paths to those careers?
- What will I need to take?
- How long will it take and how much will it cost?
- Will my credits transfer?
- How much financial aid can I get?
- How can I get work experience in my field of interest?
Students that begin with “the end in mind,” in other words, they have a clear vision of the job/career and wages that they want, have higher degree completion rates. Career Roadmaps complement the Educational Pathways and provide the what and why that motivate your students’ success.
Students can get a jump start on their future by knowing which classes have dual credit possibilities. National studies find that dual credit participation is related to
- increased high school graduation/college enrollment rates,
- better college grades,
- college persistence, and
- an increased likelihood of earning a secondary school/college degree or professional certificate.
On the college level, some schools have required student success classes where faculty have incorporated Career Roadmaps into their coursework.