Welcome to VIE-25!
VIE-25 is a joint project under direction of the governor’s office between the State Board of Community and Technical colleges and the Garrison Command to support pathways to employment for transitioning service members. The schools within 25 miles of a military installation are asked to identify their already existing programs in which the first employable certificate can be completed within 6 months. Service members can then get permission from their commander and apply for an MOA to complete classes during the duty day in the 6 months prior to their ETS or retirement date. Click here for more in-depth details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- File your FAFSA:
- Contact the VIE-25 POC for your school (listed below) to check your eligibility to access Workforce Retraining dollars that may pay for your classes, books, and/or gas.
- Attend GoArmyEd 101 (at Stone Ed) if using Tuition Assistance.
- C2C and Career Path Services are partners with VIE-25 offering job assistance and funding. Career Path Services will assist in paying for short-term training and certification programs. Qualifications are 12 months from ETS date, be Pierce Country or JBLM resident, transitioning service member. This is WIOA funding.
Make an appointment for the VIE-25 Lab at https://stone_education.timetap.com (Choose option 6)
The VIE-25 lab will cover instructor guided information and assistance with the process and components of VIE-25 program, including:
- packet for command approval
- industry and college program research
- overview of funding options
- direct connection with VIE-25 college representatives
Walk-in service will be available for members with completed packets to receive commander’s memo.
For in-depth education counseling or to begin the MOA process make an appointment with an Education Transition Counselor at the Stone Education Center.
VIE-25 School Points of Contact