Welcome to VIE-25!

VIE-25 is a joint project under direction of the governor’s office between the State Board of Community and Technical colleges and the Garrison Command to support pathways to employment for transitioning service members. The schools within 25 miles of a military installation are asked to identify their already existing programs in which the first employable certificate can be completed within 6 months. Service members can then get permission from their commander and apply for an MOA to complete classes during the duty day in the 6 months prior to their ETS or retirement date. Click here for more in-depth details.

Frequently Asked Questions:

No. These are already existing programs at the school that have been identified to fit the VIE-25 parameters of employability within 6 months with the best opportunity for long term career growth in the future.
  • File your FAFSA:
  • Contact the VIE-25 POC for your school (listed below) to check your eligibility to access Workforce Retraining dollars that may pay for your classes, books, and/or gas.
  • Attend GoArmyEd 101 (at Stone Ed) if using Tuition Assistance.
  • Camo2Commerce may be able to assist with job placement and schooling costs if you are planning to stay in Washington state and meet the eligibility requirements. Attend a Tuesday briefing at 1330 (at Hawk Center) for details
 Currently, the schools near JBLM and Naval Base Kitsap have identified their qualifying programs.  Expansion to other Washington installations is expected in the future.
The certificates featured in the VIE-25 program are offered by Washington State’s community and technical colleges through their campuses or online.  Therefore, they are open to all applicants, including spouses who may also be eligible for Worker Retraining funding in certain cases.  What VIE-25 offers transitioning service members is the opportunity for time off during their last 6 months of duty to attend classes.
For general VIE-25 information contact Cary Ingram, the VIE-25 Outreach Coordinator.

For in-depth education counseling or to begin the MOA process make an appointment with an Education Transition Counselor at the Stone Education Center.

VIE-25 School Points of Contact

How to get started:

Make an appointment with an Education Transition Counselor at the Stone Education Center.
Contact us hereClick here and
select option 3




Contact Olympic College’s Veteran’s Services office to get started.Contact us hereClick here





Contact us here