Certified Safety Specialist
Occupational health and safety specialists analyze and collect data on various work environments and work procedures. Specialists inspect workplaces for adherence to regulations regarding health, safety, and the environment. They may also conduct incident investigations, provide safety training, or design safety management policies and procedures. Successful Specialists are detail-oriented, skilled at problem solving, capable of working independently and as part of a team, and have a good work ethic.
SELECT AN APPRENTICESHIP LOCATION
Intuitive Safety Solutions
Step 1: Verify Eligibility
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma/GED
- Physically able
- Valid driver's license
- Auto insurance and dependable transportation
- Pass drug screening test and background check
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to engage people
- Strong math skills
- Good investigative and inspection skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for Safety and the desire to help people
* If you do not possess the recommended skills, you can ask about a pre-apprenticeship program *
Step 2: Apply
- Apply for admission to Edmonds Community College
- Email the Program Director Darren Linker that you are applying for the Apprenticeship program.
- Download and Complete the Apprenticeship Application
- Submit completed application and required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 8525 186th St. SW, Edmonds, WA 98026.
- Complete interview
- If selected, you will be placed with a partnering Training Agent employer.
Step 3: Begin Apprenticeship
- 4,500 hours / 2-3 years on-the-job training
- Minimum of 144 hours of on-line coursework each year through Edmonds Community College
- Start at 60% of current Journey-Level rate.
- Gain 10% pay increase after every 1,125 hours of on-the-job training (approx. 6 months) plus required schooling.
- Full 100% journeyperson’s pay after completing the program.
Average Starting Hourly Wage
$18.00 + Benefits + GI Bill® Housing Allowance
GI Bill® Housing Allowance
- Usage is optional
- Housing allowance can be found using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Search School Name: CERTIFIED SAFETY SPECIALIST APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
Calculate Starting Pay With GI Bill ®
Estimated Wage Calculator
All calculations based on a 120 hours/month work schedule.
*Contact union local for updated wage information.